6 Killer Content Marketing Ideas for Recruiters
As a recruiter, content marketing should be part of your overall digital marketing strategy. Search engines mainly rely on web content to determine how relevant and valuable a site is. And when used correctly, web content enables you to establish credibility and authority and build better relationships with your target audience.
But what exactly is considered good content marketing ideas?
Content Marketing Strategies for Attracting Clients and Candidates
Content marketing comes in all shapes. As a recruiter, it’s vital that you know which of them is suitable for the type of audience you have to obtain the results you’re looking for. To help you out, here are a few content strategies that you can use to engage your audience, build better relationships with them, and even encourage them to enlist your recruitment services.
Infographics have the benefit of being digestible. Combining text with attractive and colourful illustrations, they provide your web visitors with a quick and effective way to consume your content. What’s more, they contribute to your recruitment site’s SEO. Research showed that articles with infographics generate 178% more inbound links and attract 72% more views.
To make your infographics more effective, keep the following tips in mind:
- Always consider your audience when creating infographics.
- Keep them short and concise.
- Avoid using too many colours.
- Choose the appropriate imagery and font style.
- Don’t stuff your infographics with too much information.
If you want something more fun and interactive, quizzes provide an excellent way to keep your audience engaged. For instance, you can create questions that would help job seekers determine if they are suitable for a particular job placement or company culture. As for employers, you can make one that would help them define the qualities they are looking for in a candidate.
Here’s one of the most effective content marketing ideas for recruiters: frequently asked questions or FAQs. FAQs are a great source of information for both employers and candidates as they enable them to find what they need in just one place. In addition, they help optimise your recruitment site for SEO. FAQs allow you to incorporate long-tail keywords into your web content. They also make your recruitment site voice search-friendly.
Here are a few useful tips on creating a FAQ page:
- Gather all the essential questions you receive from your web visitors. Conducting a survey would greatly help.
- Provide clear answers for each question.
- Utilise a navigation system, such as a table of contents or collapsible windows, to make it easier to view the answers.
- Make sure to update the page when necessary.
Keeping a recruitment blog is a tried-and-tested content marketing strategy that can help you generate traffic, build backlinks, and engage your visitors. Also, it allows you to keep your recruitment site updated, which can help you obtain better search rankings since Google loves fresh content. Finally, it enables you to demonstrate your expertise and establish yourself as an industry expert.
However, writing and posting blogs consistently is easier said than done. Fortunately, you can always hire someone to do the job for you, like us here at Recruitment Traffic. If you prefer to do this task on your own, make sure to follow these tips:
- Write about topics that your audience finds useful and valuable, such as recruitment tips and pointers on passing a job interview.
- Incorporate relevant keywords into your content, but make sure you don’t overdo it.
- Use catchy headlines.
- Add relevant images to make your articles more attractive.
- Use subheadings and bullet points.
- End your post with a call to action.
Podcasts offer an excellent alternative to blog posts, particularly if you don’t have the time to sit down and write a lengthy article. They also make it possible for employers and candidates to consume your content even if they are busy doing something else. For instance, they can tune in to your podcast while they are driving to work.
When creating podcasts, make sure to:
- Keep them short. People are less likely to listen to a one-hour podcast, especially if they are busy.
- Ensure they address your target audience’s concerns.
- Consider posting a transcript of your podcasts on your site for SEO purposes.
Videos are perhaps one of the best content marketing ideas for recruiters because they are both interactive and engaging. Also, they are now relatively easier to make. All you need is a smartphone with an excellent camera, internet connection, and video editing software to get started. You can upload your video on YouTube and other video hosting sites then post it on your website.
Here are some pointers to help you get the best results from your videos:
- Use an interesting title.
- Incorporate relevant keywords into your video title and description.
- When uploading a video on YouTube and other video sharing sites, always ensure you have a link back to your recruitment site.
- Choose a relevant thumbnail.
Dazzle Your Target Audience with Excellent Recruitment Content
Whether you want to attract more potential clients or members of your talent pool, you can’t deny how advantageous having a good content marketing strategy is. By creating quality content, you can build better brand awareness, improve your search ranking, and establish yourself as a recruitment expert. More importantly, it allows you to drive targeted traffic and leads to your website.
At Recruitment Traffic, we know how challenging content marketing can be. This is why it is our pleasure to take this task off your hands so you can focus on running and growing your recruitment business. Please speak with us today and let us create a bespoke content marketing and SEO plan for you.
Drive Your Recruitment Business Towards The Best Results.
Talk to us about how we can help.